Friday, April 16, 2010

Congratulations, Sydney


Along with many other area high school seniors, Sydney received responses from her college applications last week. She applied to 14 colleges, was admitted to six, wait-listed to one and rejected by the rest. But when she opened one special envelope, she said, "Oh, my God, I got into Harvard!"
News of Sydney's acceptance appeared in Monday's Burlington Free Press along with a wonderful photo of her (which I can't find on line or I would provide a link here). According to the Harvard Crimson a record-low 6.9 percent of applicants have been accepted to the Harvard College Class of 2014, so this is a major accomplishment and testimony to Sydney' hard work and dedication in her studies and extra-curricular activities.
I photographed Sydney recently for her yearbook portrait and she is as lovely as she looks.

No comments: