Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One of my favorite activists


Yes, there was a life before photography - it was called high school!  I recently reconnected with the outrageous David Schein who loves to shake up the comfortable.  He's an actor and writer who's back in Vermont and is currently director of the Willowell Foundation in Monkton.

David has performed all over the world and one project dear to his heart is MYethiOPIA, his one man performance of tales from the One Love Aids Education Circus.  You can read about a recent show here.

David is a force of nature, dramatic and hilarious at the same time.   I hope I captured some of his intensity in these photographs.  His beautiful daughter Aurora came along so I photographed her, as well.  They are the best of friends and I think it shows.

No comments: